ALBION Co., Ltd. and its affiliated companies (hereinafter, collectively, the “Company”) take utmost care in the handling and protection of personal information of all users who visit the PAUL & JOE BEAUTE website (hereinafter, “this Website”).
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information means address, name, age, phone number, e-mail address or other personally identifiable information that users may provide to the Company through this Website.
Collection of Personal Information
Users do not need to provide their personal information when simply visiting this Website. However, to participate in certain campaigns, users may be asked to provide their personal information.
Usage of Personal Information
The Company uses personal information for its marketing activities and the improvement of its products and services. The Company also uses personal information to check whether persons who have contacted the Company to inquire about the Company or its products and services or who have signed up for certain applications are its registered customers. To be more specific, personal information is used for the following purposes:
- To provide information on services (campaigns, events, etc.) offered by the Company;
- To deliver requests for cooperation with the Company’s research and surveys;
- To respond appropriately to inquiries, consultations, etc. from users as well as to keep and organize records of such inquiries and consultations;
- To analyze customer trends for research and development of products and services; and
- To examine employment applications, make decisions and notify applicants of the results.
Non-disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Personal information supplied by users through this Website shall not be disclosed to any third parties except in the following cases:
- When the disclosure of personal information is required by law, ordinance or regulation;
- When an emergency requires the disclosure of personal information to protect or defend the lives, health, property, etc. of users, the public, or the Company’s employees; or
- When the disclosure of personal information to outsourced companies or partner companies with whom a confidentiality agreement is in effect is necessary to conduct campaigns.
Security of Personal Information
All personal information supplied by users through this Website is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or other similar technology.
The Company regularly reviews and improves the way that personal information is handled and that security of personal information is managed.
In its management of personal information, the Company complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related governmental and ministerial ordinances and guidelines of Japan.